Today’s Reverb#10/Holidailies prompt is “try,” which asks which new things you’re going to try in 2011. I can think of a few things:
1. A different approach at work: when I’m asked to cover for Homer, I’m going to try doing the absolute minimum, and leaving the rest for him to do. In retrospect, I made a strategic error back in October when BumbleBoss asked me to “get the ball rolling” on one of Homer’s projects because he was away. Even though it was Thursday, and Homer was back on Monday, I did as much as I could, and ended up setting myself up for an ongoing level of responsibility for this particular thing. I should have waited until Friday, done one thing, then shrugged my shoulders and handed over to him when he got back.
2. An online fitness tracker: I don’t want to make a fetish out of this diet and exercise thing, in fact, I don’t even want to know for sure what I weigh. But, keeping track of the foot I eat and the amount of exercise I get has always worked for me. I’m going to spend some time between now and 2011 exploring the various options and signing on to a good fitness tracker. I know from the size of my waist that I have probably put on a good twenty lbs since the summer of 2009. And, for the first time, I really feel like I am “carrying it,” strapped to my butt and my waist. I deserve better.
3. A bunch of little things: hot yoga, spinning, an in-person (as opposed to online) Artist’s Way class. A new healthy recipe every week. A new restaurant every month. Meditating consistently.
madelinelaughs on #12X12: on release and enjoyin… madelinelaughs on #12X12: on release and enjoyin… Alyssa Dunarause on #Reverb11: Smell ya later… Elizabeth Haynes (@E… on Political theatre Kevin R. Tipple on Can you blog too often?
- Hard to focus on #reverb12 with all the sadness in the news today. 5 months ago
- My word for 2012: flux. My intention, set in 2011, was for "release" and that worked, too. Chicken, meet egg. 5 months ago
- RT @leecurrie: Are you participating in #reverb12? Here's my post today: reverb12.blogspot.ca/2012/12/day-tw… What are your limits? 5 months ago
- Very happy to see that there is a community doing #reverb12 after all. 5 months ago
- Alas, only now emerging from the writing abyss to tweet...inanities, but brief ones. #amwriting 7 months ago
Preoccupations#12X12 #reberb10 #reverb10 Art Arts beginning blogging Bloody Words book recommendations col authors creativity critique groups Day job encouragement envy first drafts happiness holidailies inner critic Methamphetamine Methland: The Death and Life of an American Small Town nanowrimo Nick Reding novel Oelwein Iowa pen name perseveramce plagiarism productivity Pulitzer Prize Reverb reverb1-# reverb11 review policy Scott Adams small victories social media submissions United States well-being Wins-day Writers Resources writing Writing Exercises writing process